torsdag 16. april 2015

The Plot.

I like most kinds of games, and Minecraft is definitely one of them. I decided to make a new world, that I named 'The Plot'. I like the idea of mining what I need to build, but when I am in a building mood I don't want to fight of enemies so I made it a peaceful world, and it thrives.

I chopped down a few trees realizing I wanted to capture this naked plot as it was, very nice little scenery here, and it is where I spawned.

The next thing I did was to make a hole in the ground, making a mine-shaft, knowing I would spend my first good hours down under ground. My hole in the ground isn't very pretty, but it has no need to be, yet. It has boxes to hold my stuff and I try to be neat about where things go. (We all end up with that chest that has a mix of everything in it, don't we?)



I also have an half automatic smelter, two in fact, or four if we being completely correct, and it does its job well. I am not an engineer, I think it was my son who told me about this little 'machine'. He is much better at Minecraft than I am.

I grew tired of this little invisible hole in the ground, a pain to find after chopping trees, and I decided to make something that would 'home me in' to my mine.

 A giant tree, or at least a big tree. First one I have attempted to build my self, and I am not saying it is perfect, but I like it. I wanted to have some sort of lights hanging in it, and fashioned these lantern like things and put torches and red-stone torches in them. The latter don't light up as much as I would like them too, but they add a bit of something to it.

I found it to give me some certain feeling, and soon after it was built I figured I could do with a house to sleep in. After finding a few sheep and got the wool I needed to make a bed, it was time to get to work.




And there it is, and I am quite happy with how it turned out. Sort of japan'ish style to it, don't you think? I think it goes well with the tree, and it is not far from the hole in the ground either.

After building the house, I thought that I needed to make something around the hole in the ground, so I would not just fall into it by accident. Dangerous things these holes in the ground. I wanted to keep the same feel as the house and the tree, and came up with this simple, but effective mine-shaft cover.
The light is held up with real magic! That's how I like my games.

All in all, the plot ... thickens?
It makes for a nice work environment, giving me the extra little energy to go down mining. So far I have found more diamonds than iron, and I should not complain, but iron is nice too you know. This luck will soon change, but it does not matter much. I can always come up to the surface and enjoy my little plot on minecraft earth.


Happy gaming and prosper mining, from me to you.
(My son knew how to get the + out of "my" face. Thank you!)

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar